Pre-apprentice Electrical Lineworker-8 weeks
Classes meet Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:00pm
Pre-apprentice Electrical Lineworkers are entry-level employees who work in the electrical distribution industry. Physical fitness is required. If participants are unable to meet the physical requirements of this program the tuition cost will not be refunded. Program tuition does not include fees for personal protective clothing, permits/licensing and exam fees. Due to the new federal mandate for Commercial Driver’s Licenses, out-of-state participants will be required to schedule and pay for their road tests, as Alabama will no longer test non-residents. We will provide out-of-state participants with an information packet to Florida Panhandle Technical College in Chipley on the testing process and policies, if they choose to use them for testing. All participants will be required to complete the Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT) the first week of class.
Students who complete this course of study find employment with power companies, electric cooperatives, municipal electric companies, and electrical contracting and construction firms.
This 8-week program is physically demanding. Students must be able to work aloft without a fear of heights.
Cost: $4,150. Includes tuition, books, boots, hard hat, safety glasses, and gloves
- Online Application
- High school diploma or equivalent
- State issued photo ID
- Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination
- A two-year driving history from the State Troopers office
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Weight limit of 275 lbs.
Eligibility Requirements for Scholarship
- Must be an Alabama resident
- Be registered or intend to register in an eligible short-term credential program that can be completed in two semesters or less and that will lead to in-demand career opportunities in the region which the community college where the course is taken is located